At the foundation of all Neptune products is the assurance that only family-friendly music will be used at all times. We take this responsibility very seriously, and our top priority is to make sure that no songs play which could cause embarrassment to any of our partners.While the definition of “family-friendly” can certainly be interpreted in different ways, following are the “will not play” guidelines we have implemented at Neptune:
- Songs with profanity or racial slurs of any kind
- Songs that are degrading and/or disrespectful to women.
- Songs that encourage/glorify alcohol or drug use, sex or guns.
- Songs that encourage/glorify violence against women, police or any specific group.
- Songs that encourage illegal activity of any kind.
We do not consider music to be family-friendly if the offending content has simply been “dropped” or “bleeped” out. We believe that this approach simply results in drawing even more attention to the offending language, so we choose not to play songs that have been edited in this manner.
We will accept song suggestions as well as actual MP3 files of songs, but they will not be cleared for placement on a station until our Music Review Team has thoroughly analyzed lyrics and content. If songs don’t meet the family-friendly guidelines (see above), we will notify the submitting partner and explain why we will be unable to play the songs in question. Depending on demand, this process will take 1-4 days to complete.